Join us in building a better future for Hardin County.
The Hardin County Democrats work to elect candidates and support policies to help the people of Hardin County.
We are also involved in many public service activities, from Adopt-A-Highway to serving food to the community.
Run for Office in 2021
Leaders make a difference. In 2021, Hardin County residents will elect new people to Town and Village Councils, School Boards, and Township leadership.
Consider running for office or helping others campaign. February 3 is the first deadline to file with the Board of Elections and you’ll need to get petition signatures, so act now!
First step: Contact us. The Hardin County Democrats can get you all the information you need. We can also help you get petition signatures. Reach out to Hardin County Democratic Party Chair Mike Hubbell by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone: 419-673-6346.
- February 3: Deadline to file with Board of Elections if you are running as a Democrat for a position where there can be a primary (e.g. Council, Mayor).
- May 3: Deadline to file with Board of Elections if you are running as an Independent for a position where there can be a primary (e.g. Council, Mayor).
- May 4: Primary election
- August 4: Deadline to file with Board of Elections if you are running for a non-partisan position (e.g. School Board/ Township Trustee)
Available positions: You can see all elected positions for Hardin County on the Board of Elections website. Or, download our PDF summary of all positions up for election in 2021.
Mike Hubbell describes why it’s so important to run:
It would be great to see the people of Hardin County given a choice on the ballot. Right now most voters are faced with a ballot where the only choices are a Republican or a withheld vote. That really means there is little need to be accountable to the citizenry. That needs to change.
Growing the party in Hardin County means growing the number of democrats willing to step up and run. Let’s work to give voters real choices on the ballot.
Community Events (currently postponed due to COVID-19)
We care about our community. These are some of the ways that we participate.
- Volunteer at S.O.U.P Kitchen, Kenton
- Volunteer at Table One, Kenton
- Adopt-a-Highway participant (US-31 S)
- Staff the Democratic Booth at the Hardin County Fair
- Participate in the Ada Harvest & Herb Festival Parade & host a booth
- Provide food for Red Cross blood drives.
The Hardin County Democratic Party also works closely with the Ohio Democratic Party and with local group Allen and Hardin for Election Action and Democracy. Check out their activities as well!